Frequently Asked Questions

white arrows graphic
hunter with big game trophy elk in new mexico

Is a trophy guaranteed?

No, while our expert guides have average success rates ranging from 80% to 95% or more, a kill or trophy is not guaranteed.

Are weapons and ammunition provided?

Weapons and ammo can be borrowed if one would rather than travel with.

What is included in the hunting package?

The hunting package includes lodging, all meals, expert guide, all the in between from going out each day to removal of game from the field. Taxidermy and meat processing is not provided however we can assist in both.

Are your guides trained in first aid? etc.

Our guides are all licensed by the Department of game and fish and first aid/CPR certified.

Permit Facts

New Mexico Professional Big Game Hunting, Inc. operates under permits on the Gila National Forest, Carson National Forest, Cibola National Forest, Lincoln National Forest, Apache-Sitegreaves National Forest, Bureau of Land Management, New Mexico State Lands.

In accordance with Federal law and US Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights, regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)

Program information may be made available in languages other than English.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, and American Sign Language) should contact the responsible State or local Agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202)720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a complainant should complete a Form AD 3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, which can be obtained online, from any USDA office, by calling (866)632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA.  The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 from or letter must be submitted to USDA by:  mail: US Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410; or fax: (833)256-1665 or (202)690-7442; email: